Below I’ve compiled a number of guides to help you maximize the chances of success for your website, since there’s a lot to know
If I had a time machine and could go back to 2006 when I discovered Internet marketing, I can absolutely assure you I’d be writing this from a 20-bedroom mansion on the beaches of some exotic island whilst sipping a Rum punch from a gold cup.
The reason I say this is simple – the Internet (and what it takes to make money) – has changed so drastically over the last decade that the things I know now would’ve had a huge impact on my bottom line if I could’ve applied them during the “early days”. Alas, I was young and naïve and cared more about going to bars then really studying and applying myself to making money.
In my opinion, the evolution of digital marketing has been a double-edged sword. On the one side, there are absolutely incredible tools these days (like WordPress) to help you easily get a leg up when starting out – but on the other side – the competition, search algorithms and bar of entry for someone to succeed has grown astronomically.
Because of that, I decided to create this section to help my visitors learn more about various topics not only related to web hosting, but to Internet marketing in general. Below are the guides I’ve written that contain knowledge I’ve gained over the last 13 years of working online.
- How to host a website
- How to move your site to a new web host
- How to register a domain name
- How do I setup nameservers
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- How to build a fully SEO optimized website
- What are the best SEO plugins for WordPress
- How to install WordPress
- How to customize a WordPress theme
- How to use Shopify to sell online
- How to optimize conversion on your website
- How to install an SSL certificate and get https
- How to use web analytics to track visitors